About this product
- Supreme transfer speeds. Transcend’s PCIe SSD 220S follows NVMe 1.3 and utilizes the PCIe™ Gen3 x4 interface, meaning four lanes are used for transmitting and receiving data simultaneously. Its 8-channel controller supports ultra high data throughput, resulting in compelling performance of up to 3,500MB/s read and 3,200MB/s write.
- Understanding the PCIe interface. PCIe (or PCI Express®) is a much faster interface than SATA (or Serial ATA) for connecting a host computer to solid-state storage devices over one or more lanes consisting of one transmit and one receive serial interface in each lane, meaning it can better fulfill new performance requirements.
- Understanding the NVMe standard. NVMe (or NVM Express®) is a host controller interface standard designed to address the needs of enterprise and client applications that utilize PCI Express-based solid-state storage. NVMe calls for better performance vectors than AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface), including scalable bandwidth, increased IOPS, and low latency.
- 3D expansion to break through limits. Unlike planar NAND memory, 3D NAND flash features memory cells stacked vertically in multiple layers. 3D NAND overcomes density limitations of 2D planar NAND, and delivers a higher level of performance and endurance.
- Better endurance, higher reliability. Transcend’s PCIe SSD 220S is engineered with LDPC (Low-Density Parity Check) coding, a powerful ECC algorithm, to keep data secure. Manufactured with high-quality 3D NAND flash chips, and engineered dynamic thermal throttling mechanism, the PCIe SSD 220S guarantees superior endurance and stability for high-end applications.
- SSD Scope software. Transcend SSD Scope is advanced, user-friendly software that makes it easy to ensure your Transcend SSD remains healthy, and continues to run fast and error-free by determining the condition and optimizing the performance of your drive.
- Guaranteed quality. To ensure the utmost level of quality, Transcend SSDs undergo rigorous testing at all stages of production, including tests for vibration, temperature and humidity, speed, and functionality.